All content on this website is Copyright © A.M. Dean, all rights reserved ®. All licensing, reproduction, rights and permissions queries may be addressed to LBA.
The Lost Library is published by Pan Books, an imprint of Pan Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited Pan Macmillan, 20 New Wharf Road, London N1 9RR Basingstoke and Oxford (www.panmacmillan.com); ISBN 978-1-4472-0951-5 Copyright © A. M. Dean 2012. The right of A. M. Dean to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
All rights on The Lost Library are reserved. No part of the publication may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the publisher. Any person who does any unauthorized act in relation to this publication may be liable to criminal prosecution and civil claims for damages.
The images displayed on this website are used with permission wherever possible, or under license. Permission and credits are outlined below; images not credited in this list are credited on the pages where they appear. If you are the copyright holder for any of the image listed as ‘source unknown’, please contact us via LBA.
General Image Credits:
- Fish-eye view of the Old Library of the Muntmuseum in Utrecht, Netherlands: scenicreflections.com (free license).
- Interior of Dolmabahce Palace with cordoned official deal: image by Turkey Tour Guide (used with permission).
- Moleskin notebook: A. Amboldi (used with permission).
- Eye of Horus: Crystalinks (used with permission).
- Ancient map with ship an islands of New Ginuea: Ghulmill (free license).
- Map of Europe, by G. Blaue: Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Dept. of Geography (used with permission – pending).
- Map of London by Norden, 1593: image is out of copyright (file courtesy of Dr. M.A. Stones).
- Cover of The Lost Library: PanMacmillan (used with permission).
‘Sights & Sites of The Lost Library’ Image Credits:
- University Church of St Mary the Virgin, Oxford, from the High Street: Pcgn7, via PhotoPin (Creative Commons license).
- Tower of the University Church: R. Mathis (Creative Commons license).
- New Library of Alexandria, aerial shot: Paradise in the World (used with permission – pending).
- Interior, Main Reading Room, Library of Alexandria: A.J. Glickman (pending).
- Exterior of the New Library of Alexandria with false sea front: image source unknown.
- Topkapi Palace, aerial shot: Gala Hotels (used with permission – pending).
- Baghdad Pavilion, Topkapi Palace: Cepolina (free license).
- Dolmabahce Palace, from the sea: S. Barnes (Creative Commons license).
- Dolmabahce Palace, interior: image credited under General Image Credits.
- Dolmabahce Palace, Crystal Staircase: Kyliri (pending)
- Galata District, Istanbul: Josep Renalias (Creative Commons license).
- Divinity Schools, Oxford: photo credit: Linniekin, via PhotoPin (Creative Commons license).
- Divinity Schools, detail of ceiling reliefs: Janetmck, via PhotoPin (Creative Commons license).